Four people were injured in a collision that caused a logging truck's load to release and scatter across U.S. Highway 2 on Monday.

Sultan woman Hannah Blanciet was in the driver's seat of a black 1994 Toyota at the time, according to a Washington State Patrol news release. The truck was pointed east just after 11 a.m., after it collided with the fallen debris.

Traffic was impacted for hours between Monroe and Snohomish that afternoon, according to WSP. The crash happened near an overpass, between 88th Street and State Route 9. 

As the six vehicles involved neared the spot just outside of Snohomish, Lavonne Counley's black 2005 Lincoln Aviator drifted across the center line into oncoming traffic, according to WSP. A 4-year-old was in the passengers seat, but she was not injured.

The red construction truck hauling two trailers of timber swerved to avoid the 68-year-old Snohomish woman's SUV, according to WSP. The driver, a 61-year-old Buckley man, had been heading west but traveled into the eastbound lane and lost piles of the massive logs.

A 70-year-old Mulkilteo man's blue 2005 Lexus GX470 four door, 44-year-old Buckley man's white 2014 Chevrolet Silverado truck and a 36-year-old Marysville man's white 2010 Ford Econoline van all crashed into the logging truck, according to WSP.

Blanciet, 19, hit the wreckage. Her car was totaled, and she was airlifted to the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle where she was listed in serious condition on Wednesday. A Washington State Department of Transportation photo shows significant damage to the front and passenger side of the car, which stopped on the shoulder beside the logging truck that had ended up partially inverted in a ditch.

Counley was also injured and taken to Providence Hospital in Everett, as was the driver and 52-year-old passenger in the Econoline, according to WSP. Her SUV and their van could not be salvaged.

Traffic in both lanes was shut down and a detour was established while crews cleaned up the scene and responders treated those involved, according to WSP. WSDOT alerted commuters that lanes were open again in the early evening, but to still expect delays.

It is currently unclear if drugs or alcohol was involved, according to WSP. Everyone had been wearing their seat belts at the time. Charges are pending.